Sunday 23 March 2008

"I want you to stay with me, Daddy"

My son is very clever. He's maybe too clever given all the problems that my wife and myself are going through as he's obviously picking up on it and he has the uncanny knack of, at the very least appearing, to understand some of the consequences of the arguing that is going on around him.

So while he was brushing his teeth he said the following:

"I want you to stay with me, Daddy"
"What, for ever and ever?"
"Yes, don't go to Canada"

I had to try and explain that the computers needed fixing in Canada because they kept getting broken, which was met with the pretty obvious question:

"Who is breaking them?"

Hmmm, that one took a little bit of explaining!

So, more things to think about; what is for the best, staying and us all having to suffer the arguments and pain or spent a long time in Canada and maybe allow some level of 'normal' life for my son.

No comments: