Tuesday 16 September 2008

Big Sister (aka RLE) - Day 14

I'm counting from the appointment with Dr Curtis as, since then, I have been attempting to live full time (FT), 24/7, in-role, so that I can show that I have completed the 3months Real Life Experience (RLE) at my next visit.

With the exception of the times that I see my son I have been presenting as female at work (I spend most of my time there to be fair), shopping, going out, even exercising*, etc.

[ * - Yes, I have actually been out cycling, a significant distance in fact - 30km is my usual amount - while wearing female cycling gear, complete with enhancement in the cheat area. I have discovered that sports bra's while not the most attractive things in the world are pretty good at their job and are quite comfy! Sorry, that's maybe a little too much information but it might help or amuse someone. ]

I'm continuing to contemplate changing my name (to Fiona Andrea ) as well as wrestling with my thoughts in general.

Today I feel upbeat, I suspect it won't be long before I lapse into confusion again. Anyway, I'm going to TRY and keep a diary of how things go and how I feel through this period.

One thing worth stressing, if only to get it embedded in my head as well, is that 3months RLE sounds like a short time but in reality it means for the rest of my life; I don't reach the end of that period and stop, I actually carry on afterwards. In fact a scary thought it that, if I manage 3months and do then get treatment it could take many (minimum 6) more months for there to be any noticeable change.

No comments: