Thursday 8 January 2009

Hormones ... the story so far

Just a quick update because I had promised to keep everyone up-to-date on how the hormones and other treatments (well not on anything else yet) are going.

I've been on the patches now for just over a month and I can't say I've noticed anything at all, good or bad. My skin might be a tiny bit softer but that could just be because I'm using more hand/face cream due to the cold weather.

There is no obvious development in the chest area, though that is to be expected as it takes a while for anything to happen there.

I've not noticed any extreme emotional changes at all, nor any bad side-affects.

In fact nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero, etc.

There could be many reasons for all of this:
1) It does take a while for the hormone levels to adjust so I might not be there yet
2) I might be there but am lucky to have no bad affects and the good ones are just taking their time
3) My levels might have not shifted at all in which case I'll need more hormones and/or anti-androgens

I'm not really going to find out until my check-up which I've booked for the 20th February. Just before then I need to get my bloods done to find out what my levels are so that Dr Curtis can adjust my medication appropriately.

No comments: