Thursday 10 April 2008

Nailed!

I'm trying to grow my nails and hair. At the moment the hair just looks a mess, in fact this is it's natural state anyway as it goes all curly. I'm hoping that this is actually a good thing as it will, for day-to-day wear, just look like a mass of curls and then can be straightened and miraculously turn into a fab girlie style (yes, I'm living in cloud-cuckoo land at the moment).

The nails however, from my POV, are doing okay, not ideal but getting there and if I can stop breaking them or subjecting them to unpleasant environments - like anything related to DIY or my bike, they may start to look okay. They are way past what would be considered 'male' length and are pretty much noticeable, but no-one had really bothered to notice ... until Tuesday!

I've just moved onto a new team and I'm sat in between two guys, one of which, can't remember who, asked "So what's going on with your nails?", which then started a mini-inquiry with several lewd suggestions as well as one that is possible correct but for the wrong reasons!

I was a little embarrassed by all the attention but it thankfully passed when someone else said or did something way more embarrassing. Hopefully the subject will no longer be as important and I shouldn't have a repeat inquisition.

Strangely, and thankfully, no-one has noticed that, from Wednesday I haven't been wearing my wedding ring.

No comments: