Wednesday 17 February 2010

SeeSaw Launched


In previous companies it's been the usual policy (or at least accepted practice) not to link blogs and any other public, non-work, sites (forums and the like) back to my employer. Given the publicity around SeeSaw and the fact that they have no problem with their brand being spread far and wide around Twitter for example, I find myself in unfamiliar territory.

So now, given the evidence on my Twitter, it wouldn't take a genius to work out that I'm employed by Ioko and since October I've been working on the SeeSaw project! I'm obviously biased but it has been one of the most fun projects I've ever worked on and the team, client, and everyone has been so nice and fab to work with!

The project has been espescially fun when when you get to see something that looks so impressive - again, yes, I'm biased but I've thought all along that it looks fantastic and the web developers that pulled that together are amazing. I've been working on the Java side of things, along with many others, and while no-one outside the project sees that code I would still say it's pretty elegant and impressive in itself (sorry, it's a geek thing).

So, after the official launch this morning we're all busy working away on further development and just getting on with normal activities ... though we have got a big TV screen showing all the stats from the site and it's interesting to see it ramping up now.

Anyway, back to work for me.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Site launch satisfaction, know it well! :)

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with being proud of elegant code and shouting about it wherever you can. Pity those who don't understand it. I wish I was ready to do the same in this context, some of the code I'm most pleased with has been on sites I'm certain some readers of my blog will visit.

Caroline said...

Nice looking site unlike that pigs breakfast put up by the BBC! Must feel great to be associated with something so elegant.

Carolne xx

the CFG said...

A very nice site! Heard about it on the radio too...
Shame about the adverts though?